Procedure for setting up a graphical interface for the RIT systems:
- 1. Download a X2Go for your system. Go to the following website: X2Go
- 2. Download X2Go Client (Windows installer)
- 3. Select x2goclient-126.96.36.199-2015.07.31-setup.exe (or the latest version)
- 4. A window will pop up asking if you want to Save this file, Select Save File
- 5. You should now be able to run this file from the download location, click on the file to run it.
- 6. You may be asked if you are sure you want to run this file, select Run and then Allow.
- 7. You will be prompted for different options. Agree to the License Agreement.
- 8. Select Next to Install in default folder
- 9. Select Next to create program shortcuts.
- 10. Select Next to create a desktop icon.
- 11. Now select Install. Then select Finish.
You should now find X2Go Cleint icon on your desk top
- 1. Click on the X2Go icon on your desktop
- 2. Select Session, select New Session. You can name this session Eagle.
- 3. Enter in the Host eagle.rit.albany.edu port 22, then select Next
- 4. Session type: Single Application ; and enter /usr/bin/xterm in the command section
- 5. Select ok
Once your session is created click on it and a Window will pop up. Enter in your password and you will then have a Linux interface running on your desktop. You can launch onto another server to run specific visual applications.
ssh –X lmm.rit.albany.edu