Running MPI jobs
To run MPI jobs on the cluster you must first start the LAM-MPI environment. All managed nodes should have the LAM software installed and functional.
- Make sure you have setup SSH passwordless logins between managed nodes
- Create a hosts file for you job. The host file will look something like the following.
#For IBM pSeries hardware hal01 cpu=8 hal03 cpu=8 hal04 cpu=8 hal06 cpu=8 hal07 cpu=8 hal08 cpu=8
- hal02 and hal05 are currently off line
- Use the lamboot command
lamboot -v hosts
- You can see current nodes with the command
- Execute your MPI application
mpirun -np # application #or mpiexec -np #
For more information please see the _man_ pages for the above applications.
Additional Information from LAM/MPI