|Research IT Group|
Research IT Group
The mission of Research IT (RIT) is to develop core services in support of research, including high-performance computing for grant seeking and funded researchers. A major objective of Research IT is to provide IT consultation to faculty in the grant development process. The Research group works closely with each of the other ITS units, and with school and departmental-based research IT staff, to fulfill its mission.
Please contact us if you are an active grant-seeking or funded researcher and would like to explore options to fulfill the IT requirements of your investigations.
There is no scheduled outage at this time.
Reseach IT Services
- Batch Processing
- SLURM Job Processing
- df -h
- Will produce output (Quota Size, Used, Avail, %of Usage) which will include your home directory and your labspace.
- 5G 3.8G 1.2G 76% /network/rit/home/as845383
- File Services
- Graphical Access - How to setup a graphical user interface
- MPI Environments
- Atlas Builds
- Compute Resources - Hardware and Software supported
RIT Internal Resources
- UAlbany Research Computing Grid
- Condor on NYSGrid
- What is Condor - depreciated
- Condor Job Management - depreciated
- ITS Internal Documentation - UAlbany Condor Project Software: Condor and CygWin
- Setting up Cygwin - Linux-like environment for Windows
- NY State Grid Information - Globus
- Grid User Setup
- Renewing DOEGrid Certificate
- Running jobs on the Grid
- Running jobs on the Grid - old
UAlbany_Facilities - This document may be used by researchers in grant proposals to describe the University ITS Infrastructrue.
RIT wiki is backed by LDAP. If you have access to RIT resources please login with your netid and password used for accessing RIT servers. If you have trouble, please contact me.